The Devils (9-5-3) travel to San Jose on Monday night to take on the Sharks (9-8-1) at 10:30 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- The Sharks dropped their third in a row with a 3-2 overtime loss at the Coyotes on Saturday. San Jose finished the night with 45 shots, its most in a loss since April 4, 2015 also at Arizona.
- The Devils failed to score a power-play goal for the eighth consecutive game in Saturday's 4-2 loss at the Kings. It is the longest such streak for New Jersey since another eight-game drought from January 4-19, 2016.
- Joe Thornton has 46 points (19g, 27a) in 40 career games against the Devils to lead all active players with 1.15 career points per game versus New Jersey (minimum 40 GP). However, Thornton has failed to collect a point in back-to-back meetings with the Devils for the first time since his first five career skates from November 8, 1997 -- January 28, 1999.
- John Moore picked up points in back-to-back games after scoring his third goal of the season in the loss to Los Angeles. It marks the first time Moore has recorded a point and finished with a positive rating in consecutive games since November 27-28, 2015.
- Brent Burns is pointless in three straight games for just the second time this season. Burns has taken just 11 shots over his last six games (1.83 per game) after firing off 69 shots through his first 12 games of the year (5.75 per game). Burns and Calgary's Dougie Hamilton are the only defensemen to lead their team in shots this season.
- Nick Lappin scored his third goal this season on a career-high four shots in Saturday's loss. Lappin's 15.8 shooting percentage ranks fourth among rookies this season (minimum 1 Sh/Team G).
© 2016 by STATS.