The Devils (14-16-7) will look to start the new year off with a win on Monday as they take on the Bruins (20-15-4) in Newark.
According to STATS:
- The Bruins won their first meeting with the Devils this season, 2-1, in October. Boston owns a 17-4-0 record against New Jersey since the beginning of 2010-11, which includes a 7-3-0 record in New Jersey.
- Boston finished 2016 with two wins against Buffalo, 4-2 on the road Thursday and 3-1 at home Saturday. The Bruins have earned at least one point in eight of their last nine road games (4-1-4 record).
- Patrice Bergeron scored a goal in both of the Bruins' games against the Sabres after scoring just two goals in his previous 19 games. The Bruins are 6-1-0 in games when Bergeron nets a goal this season.
- New Jersey lost at home to Washington on New Year's Eve, 6-2, and finished December with a 4-9-2 (.333) record. That was the worst record by an Eastern Conference team last month.
- The Devils allowed six goals to the Capitals Saturday and have now allowed five or more goals in seven games this season. The only NHL team with more is Colorado (10).
- Travis Zajac leads the Devils with 24 points this season. New Jersey is one of just two NHL teams that does not have a skater with at least 25 points this season (Arizona is the other).
© 2017 by STATS.