The New Jersey Devils host the Washington Capitals on Friday at 7 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- Washington is looking for a sweep of the season series with New Jersey after winning the first three meetings. A win would give the Capitals their first ever season series sweep of the Devils and the fifth season without a regulation loss.
- The Capitals, seeking their first Presidents' Trophy since 2009-10, only need to eliminate Dallas for the No. one overall seed with a victory in Newark since the Stars, who have 97 points with seven games remaining, swept the season series.
- Alex Ovechkin has 43 goals and 207 hits on the season, his fifth career season with at least 40 goals and 200 hits. Since 2005-06, no other NHL player has posted a season with these minimums.
- In Thursday's 3-0 New Jersey win in Pittsburgh, Scott Wedgewood recorded his first career shutout in his second career start. Wedgewood has stopped 67 of the first 68 NHL shots that he's faced and also got the win in his debut against Columbus earlier in the week.
- The Capitals are the only team in the NHL without two consecutive regulation losses this season. Washington has posted a 14-0-1 record this season following a regulation loss and has outscored opponents 53-26 in those games.
- New Jersey is in the middle of their 12th and final set of back-to-back games this season. The Devils are 5-6-1 in first games and 5-4-2 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.