The Devils (20-20-9) battle against the Washington Capitals (32-10-6) to Newark on Thursday in the final game before the All-Star break.
According to STATS:
- Washington was blanked, 3-0, in Ottawa on Tuesday night, snapping its 14-game point streak in the process (12-0-2 during streak). The Capitals failed to score despite getting six power-play opportunities against the Senators two nights ago -- tied for their most PPO with lighting the lamp in any game this year.
- New Jersey lost, 3-1, to the Kings at Prudential Center on Tuesday night, and has now dropped five straight home games overall -- tied for its longest single-season home losing streak since a seven-gamer, October 8-November 10, 2010. The Devils are 2-8-2 when allowing three or more markers at home this season (8-0-1 in all other home games).
- The Caps and Devils have split two meetings in 2016-17, each beating the other on the road. Dating to the beginning of 2014-15, Washington has beaten New Jersey five straight times at Prudential Center by a combined score of 17-5.
- Alex Ovechkin had his season-high eight-game point streak snapped in Tuesday night's loss. Including one of his 16 career hat tricks on February 23, 2013, Ovechkin has 10 goals and five assists in his last 15 skates against the Devils.
- Kyle Quincey potted the Devils' lone goal Tuesday night, giving him two markers in his last five skates (had two goal in his first 42 games of the season). Quincey has lit the lamp one time in 13 career games against the Capitals.
- The Capitals have 11 different skaters with 20+ points in 2016-17 -- tied with the Wild for most of any NHL club. New Jersey has seven players with 20 or more points this season (tied for 16th in the league).
© 2017 by STATS.