The Devils host the Oilers on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Oilers were throttled, 8-1, by the Islanders at Barclays Center on Sunday, dropping their second straight game by a combined score of 13-2. Edmonton's -32 overall goal differential is second worst in the NHL this season (Columbus is a -33).
- The Devils lost, 2-1, to the Rangers at Madison Square Garden last night, and has now lost three straight games, all by a single tally. New Jersey has netted one goal or fewer 20 times this season -- tied for most in the NHL.
- Edmonton defeated New Jersey, 5-1, in these clubs' first meeting of the season on November 20 at Rexall Place. The Oilers and Devils have split their last four tilts at Prudential Center, with each of those games decided by one goal.
- Connor McDavid scored the Oilers' lone goal Sunday, giving him six points (2g, 4a) in four games since returning from a broken collar bone. McDavid is averaging 1.06 points per game in 2015-16 -- most of any rookie in the league (minimum 15 GP).
- Travis Zajac lit the lamp shorthanded last night for the Devils, and enters this contest on a season-high tying three-game point streak (1g, 2a during streak). Zajac has 19 goals since the beginning of last season, and four of those markers have come while New Jersey was shorthanded.
- Edmonton is 2-5-0 (.286) in the second of back-to-back games this season -- fourth worst in the league.