The Devils host the Rangers on Tuesday night at 7 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Rangers defeated the Red Wings, 1-0, in overtime on Sunday night at Madison Square Garden, winning their second straight tilt, and improving to 7-1-1 in the last nine games overall. New York has two shutouts in its last six contests (had just three in first 53 games of the season).
- New Jersey dropped a 4-3 decision to Washington at Verizon Center on Saturday night, losing its third straight tilt in the process. The Devils are now 21-3-1 when netting at least three goals in 2015-16 (8-21-6 in all other contests).
- The Devils have taken two of the first three meetings with the Rangers in 2015-16, including a 3-2 win three weeks ago at Prudential Center. The clubs have split their last 10 tilts in New Jersey, each skating off with five wins.
- Kevin Klein lit the lamp in overtime Sunday night, netting his fifth goal of the season, with two of those ending up being game-winners. The Blueshirts have three blueliners with at least five markers in 2015-16 -- tied with Ottawa for most of any Eastern Conference club.
- Travis Zajac had a goal and a helper Saturday night, giving him 11 points (3g, 8a) in his last 13 games overall. Zajac has 13 career goals vs. the Rangers -- his most against any NHL opponent.
- New Jersey is 18-0-1 (.974) when leading after two periods this season -- fourth best of any team in the league. The Rangers are 21-1-0 (.957) when entering the third stanza with a lead in 2015-16 (ninth best in the NHL).