- Prince makes up for his dumb penalty in the 3rd quarter by making a big deflection on 2nd and long.
- Michael Boley's interception of Cam gives Boley his 3rd in 3 games. He was the most under rated player on last year's Super Bowl squad.
- Andre Brown now has 113 yards and 2 touchdowns on 22 carries. The Giants offense is finally beginning to resemble the championship offense of years past.
- Cam Newton and the Panthers aren't giving up and they continue to move the ball against the Giants defense in the second half.
- The Giants come up with their 3rd interception of the game, this one in the red zone.
- There is a David Carr sighting. Eli Manning wasn't touched all night but I will go out on a limb and say that Carr takes 2 sacks in the 4th quarter.
- The Giants back up offense continues the team's momentum and are moving the ball down field with a nice running game.
- Tynes hits another FG to bring his total total to 5 for the game.
- Spencer Paysinger makes a huge play on special teams by forcing and recovering a fumble to open the half. The 2011 draft class for the Gianst may not produce a lot of starters but it has doe wonders for the special teams unit.
- The Giants go 3 and out but add three points on another Lawrence Tynes field goal.
- Cam Newton leads the Panthers down the field and suddenly this game looks closer then it should. Eli must take the Giants down the field and get points to put this game away before Cam gains confidence
- Ron Rivera admits to focusing too much on Victor Cruz, Ramses Barden isn't complaining.
- Tynes nails another field goal and the Giants make this a three touchdown lead. Tynes should be first in line for the team's week 3 MVP.
- The only negative from this quarter is the disappearance of the Giants poass rush.
- Ramses Barden is showing what fans hav wanted to see from him for years now. He looks comfortable in the system and is using his big body to shield defenders.
- The Giants offensive line looks to be as comfortable as they've been in two years. They are opening holes in the running game and also keeping Eli clean in the passing game.
- Andre Brown is rewarded for his tough running and scores his second TD of the season. Hynoski once again has a magnificent drive and lands key block after key block for the run game.
_ The Giants defesnive line is dominating this game without getting a large number of sacks. They are controlling the game and not allowing Cam Newton to get into a rhythm.
- Ramses Barden now has over 100 yards receiving in the 1st half. Who saw this coming you may ask? I did. I started him in 3 fantasy leagues, but in all seriousness no one saw this type of production.
- Eli is picking this Panthers defense apart slowly. It looks like he is playing 7 on 7 versus a high school team.
- Lawrenece Tynes adds another field goal and improves to 7 for 7 this season. Special teams is having their best start to a season in Tom Coughlin's tenure as Giants head coach.
- Jayron Hosley shows what he showed so much at V-Tech, the ability to create turnovers. He is a dynamic player for the Giants in the nickel position.
- The Giants close the half with a punt by Weatherford and even that was perfectly downed inside the 5 yard line. The Gmen have the Midas touch tonight in Carolina.
- Eli Manning begins the game by making a few nice audibles against the Panthers' two high safety look. A hitch to Cruz, a slant to Barden, and a run by Brown to open the game.
- Andre Brown turns what should of been a loss of 2 into a 20 yard gain. It's early in the game but Brown has an attitude and demeanor that I like. He is running angry.
- Eli and the Giants make it look easy on the first drive as Martellus Bennett scores his 3rd TD in 3 games. Bennett seems to be making the most of his opportunity as a starter. Dallas will regret letting him walk away for nothing last off season.
- The Giants' defense bends but doesn't break and forces the Panthers to punt on their first drive.
- Jason Pierre-Paul showed on 3rd down how elite he has become at the defensive end position. He was able to catch Cam Newton in space without allowing a yard.
- Brown continues to look explosive in the quarter and Hynoski has opened up huge holes for him so far.
- Eli Manning has hit 7 different receivers in this first quarte. Not to mention he has connected with Cruz 3 times at three different positions; X (Solo WR), Slot, and Z (strong side WR).
- The Giants settle for a field goal after another meticulous drive by Kevin Gilbride and Eli Manning.
- JPP nearly intercepts a pass by Cam Newton after he tipped it at the line of scrimmage. The bad news is that JPP remained down on the field afterward and looks to be shaken up. Update - JPP returns for 3rd down.
- Jayron Hosley moves to nickel for the 3rd down play and applies pressure off of the edge forcing Cam Newton to throw an arrant pass.
- Andre Brown shows tremendous patience and explosion on yet another 20 yard run. After this performance I'm sure that I won't be the only person running to my fantasy football waiver wire to pick up Brown.
Keys to Victory:
- The offensive line must focus on run blocking. The Panthers had one of the worst run defenses in the NFL last season and Eli is missing two of his three starting receivers for this game.
- Jayron Hosley must learn fast. I know that he is a rookie but he will have to cover Steve Smith at times tonight and at the very least he must do better against the second receivers than Michael Coe did the first 2 weeks of the season.
- Eli Manning must protect the football. No one expects Eli to throw for 500 yards again, but for the Giants to have a chance he has to keep Cam Newton on the sideline. If he has less than 2 interceptions and doesn't fumble tonight the Giants can overcome their injury problems.