The Islanders used a three-goal rally in the third period, including two goals within 33 seconds with less than two minutes left, to secure a huge 5-4 win in Winnipeg Thursday night. Now at 97 points and closer to clinching a playoff berth, the Isles overcame three separate two-goal deficits. Casey Cizikas tied the game with 1:46 remaining for his 20th goal of the season, and Jordan Eberle, who scored twice in the third, netted the winner with 1:13 left. Robin Lehner stopped 33 of 37 shots.
With the comeback win, the Islanders' magic number dropped to two, meaning they can clinch a playoff berth Saturday night at the Coliseum. >> Box score
- :13 WPG Adam Lowry; Assists: Brandon Tanev, Nathan Beaulieu
- 6:11 WPG Adam Lowry; Assists: Jacob Trouba, Brandon Tanev
- 10:19 NYI Mathew Barzal; Assists: Jordan Eberle
- 3:46 WPG Brandon Tanev; Assists: Nathan Beaulieu, Adam Lowry
- 6:06 NYI Anders Lee (Power Play;) Assists: Ryan Pulock, Josh Bailey
- 6:46 WPG Mark Scheifele (Power Play;) Assists: Jacob Trouba, Blake Wheeler
- 7:49 NYI Jordan Eberle; Assists: Ryan Pulock, Adam Pelech
- 18:14 NYI Casey Cizikas; Assists: Anthony Beauvillier, Ryan Pulock
- 18:47 NYI Jordan Eberle; Assists: Mathew Barzal
The Islanders return home to face the Sabres on Saturday at 7 p.m. They have four games remaining.