The Islanders face off against the Capitals on Tuesday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
According to STATS:
- The Islanders had their six-game point streak snapped with a 6-2 loss in Columbus on Saturday. New York allowed four goals in the third period for the first time since March 25 at Tampa Bay.
- The Capitals won their fourth game in a row with Sunday's 3-0 shutout over the Canucks. It was Washington's third shutout at home this season, tied with Chicago and Montreal for the most in the NHL.
- New York is just 3-3-2 over its last eight meetings with Washington. However, the Islanders have killed off 25 of 26 power-play opportunities for the Capitals (96.2 percent) during that time.
- Alex Ovechkin has not recorded a point in back-to-back meetings with the Islanders for only the second time in his career (February 4 -- March 3, 2007). Ovechkin has never gone three straight games without a point versus the Isles.
- John Tavares pushed his point streak to five games and his goal streak to three games in the loss to the Blue Jackets. It marks the first time Tavares has scored in three straight games since the final four games of last season.
- Braden Holtby is 5-0-2 with a 2.19 GAA and .931 save percentage in seven career road starts against the Islanders. Holtby finished with a sub-.900 save percentage in only one of the seven outings.