The Knicks Summer League squad blew out the Lakers 117-96 on Wednesday night in Las Vegas.
Five things to know about Wednesday's game...
1) RJ Barrett had some struggles shooting again, but he got himself going by getting to the free-throw line. Barrett ended the night with 21 points, shooting 6-17 from the field. He was also a beast on the boards for the Knicks, pulling in 10 rebounds.
2) Kevin Knox led the Knicks in scoring again, notching 25 points on 7-12 shooting. Like Barrett, the Knox did a lot of his damage from free-throw line, knocking down nine of his 12 attempts from the charity stripe.
3) Iggy Brazdeikis continues to impress in Las Vegas. The Knicks' second-round pick added 16 points and four rebounds, shooting an impressive 4-5 from three-point land. Brazdeikis is setting himself up to be a decent bench option for the Knicks in his rookie season.
4) The Knicks played with the lead for almost the entire game. They led by nine after the first quarter, and that lead ballooned to 22 by halftime. The Knicks lead ultimately stretched to 31 points midway through the fourth quarter, which gave the Knicks' starters an early end to their night as they watched the rest of the game from the bench.
5) Mitchell Robinson had another double-digit scoring night, adding 13 points while shooting a perfect 6-6 from the floor.
There goes that man 💥 pic.twitter.com/bqOstHVvbo- NEW YORK KNICKS (@nyknicks) July 11, 2019
The Knicks' next Summer League opponent has yet to be set. With a 1-3 record, they will likely play in a consolation game on July 12 or 13.