The New York Knicks face the Brooklyn Nets on Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Barclays Center.
According to STATS:
- The Knicks and Nets have split their two meetings so far in 2015-16. Brooklyn has now won its last three home games in this series; that is its longest home win streak versus the Knicks since taking seven straight, March 9, 2001-April 2, 2004.
- The Knicks have lost 10 of their last 11 games. Including a 111-108 defeat to the Wizards in interim head coach Kurt Rambis' debut.
- Brooklyn's offense has shown a big improvement so far this month; after averaging 92.1 points per game and shooting 33.7 percent from behind the arc in January, the Nets have upped those numbers to 103.5 PPG and 46.3 percent, respectfully, in February.
- Kristaps Porzingis' 105 blocked shots are the most by any Knicks' rookie prior to the All-Star Break since at least the 1985-86 season. Porzingis has 11 blocks over his last three games.
- Derrick Williams had 31 points in the Knicks' loss at Brooklyn on January 13, tying his career high for points in a game. But he has struggled to put the ball in the basket of late, scoring no more than six points in any of his last five contests.
- Joe Johnson failed to score a single point in the Nets' final game prior to the All-Star Break. That snapped his streak of 937 consecutive games with 1+ point, which had been the second-longest active streak in the NBA (LeBron James, 963), and had dated back to December 6, 2003.