The Knicks host the Los Angeles Clippers at Madison Square Garden on Friday at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS...
- This will be the first meeting between the Clippers and the Knicks in 2015-16. The Clippers have won the last six games in this series, with each of these contests being decided by 13 or more points. It is their longest win streak in the history of this series.
- The Clippers lost five of their first seven games this season when playing on zero days' rest, but they have now won the last three.
- The Knicks have played two straight overtime contests, winning both. Since at least the start of the 1951-52 season, they have never played in three consecutive OT games.
- DeAndre Jordan saw his 15-game streak with at least one blocked shot snapped when he failed to have a block in Thursday's loss to Cleveland. However, he did pull down 10+ boards for a 14th straight game, which is the longest active streak in the NBA.
- Carmelo Anthony had 26 points and 20 rebounds in his last home game against the Clippers (January 17, 2014). Anthony shot just 4-for-23 (.174) from the floor in that contest, but hit all 16 of his free-throw attempts.
- Robin Lopez had a season-high 22 points (on 11-for-14 shooting) and 12 rebounds on Wednesday. Lopez's team has won the last eight games when he has a double-double (4-0 in 2015-16).