The New York Knicks face the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday at Madison Square Garden at 7 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- The Knicks have won eight of their last 10 meetings with the Lakers, including each of the last five. The five-game win streak is New York's third-longest in franchise history against the Lakers, trailing a 12-game streak spanning 1957-1958 and a seven-game streak spanning 1993-1995.
- The Lakers lost in Boston to the rival Celtics on Friday, 113-107. Los Angeles has lost its last six road games versus Eastern Conference opposition, and is 6-21 in such games since the start of 2015-16.
- Lou Williams scored 21 points off the bench for the Lakers in the loss. He leads the NBA in scoring off the bench (minimum 40 games), averaging 18.4 points per game.
- The Knicks lost to the Cavaliers on Saturday, 111-104, bringing their record versus teams with an even or winning record to 5-19 (.208). New York is 17-11 (.607) against teams with a losing record, and its win percentage difference of +.399 ranks as the third largest in the NBA this season.
- Brandon Jennings recorded his second double-double and his third game with at least 10 assists since moving into the starting lineup for New York's last four games. Over those four games, he is averaging 17.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, 8.3 assists, 3.0 steals and 2.0 turnovers per game.
- Carmelo Anthony is on pace to record his 11th consecutive season (minimum 40 games played in each season) averaging at least 20.0 points and 6.0 rebounds per game. Only LeBron James has a longer active streak, as he is on pace to record his 13 straight season with those averages.