The Knicks take on the Timberwolves in the back end of a home-and-home at Madison Square Garden on Friday night at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS...
- This is the back end of a home-and-home series; the Knicks beat the Timberwolves in Minnesota on Wednesday. The Timberwolves have won two of their last three road games versus the Knicks.
- The Timberwolves have been much better offensively in the first half of games this season (56.0 PPG, 49.3 FG%) than in the second half (47.1 PPG, 40.1 FG%).
- Opponents are shooting just 31.5 percent from behind the three-point arc in New York's home games this season, which is fourth lowest in the NBA.
- Karl-Anthony Towns had 47 points and 18 rebounds in Wednesday's loss to the Knicks, becoming the youngest player (21 yrs, 15 days) in franchise history to have 40+ points in a game. The record had just been set by Andrew Wiggins, who was 21 years, 264 days old when he poured in 47 points against the Lakers on November 13.
- Kristaps Porzingis is averaging 21.4 points per game in 2016-17 after putting up 14.3 PPG as a rookie. This +7.1 PPG improvement is third best in the NBA (minimum play in 75% of team G in both seasons).
- Carmelo Anthony's jumper with 2.3 seconds remaining gave the Knicks the 106-104 win over the Timberwolves on Wednesday. It was the first game-winning shot by any Knick in the final 3.0 seconds of a game this season, and the second such field goal of Anthony's career (March 19, 2011 vs Mem, FG with 0.5 remaining).
© 2016 by STATS