Brandon Nimmo's late scratch from the Mets' lineup on Wednesday due to a cardiac screening caused many to raise an eyebrow, but the report that came out Thursday saying he had another cardiac-related appointment set up for Thursday was cause for concern.
Well, Nimmo's wife, Chelsea Jane, wants everyone to calm down.
I'm just gonna say it. Brandon is fine (other than wishing he could just do his thing & play!) The timing was inconvenient & has caused a media storm. He's healthy and feels great, just have to be sure of these things. Hopefully we can get this all cleared up and move forward!- Chelsea Jane Nimmo (@chelseajnimmo) February 27, 2020
"So, with that being said. Thank you to all of those who have reached out and been so supportive," Chelsea Jane Nimmo said in a separate follow-up tweet. "It really means a lot! Hopefully some new updates for you guys soon! I know he's itching to get back out there! #LGM"
That's great news to hear, and hopefully Brodie Van Wagenen will reiterate those words when he speaks prior to Thursday night's game against the Cardinals.
Mets manager Luis Rojas said after Wednesday's game that he wasn't concerned about Nimmo in the wake of Wednesday's cardiac screening.
Rojas referred to the screening as "precautionary," according to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com, adding that he wasn't sure what caused the additional tests.
The Mets said earlier Wednesday that Nimmo had been scratched in order to receive "additional cardiac screening." The team's cardiologist had suggested the additional screening.
Nimmo was in the Mets' dugout during the game as they faced the Astros in Port St. Lucie.
The expectation has been that Nimmo will be the Mets' starting center fielder this season, flanked by J.D. Davis in left field and Michael Conforto in right field.
Davis is currently rehabbing a shoulder injury he suffered earlier this week, but has been shut down from baseball activity.