The Mets' offense came out hot in Fort Myers on Saturday, while Zack Wheeler shut it down on the bump in a 10-2 win over the Red Sox. >> Box score
Five things to know about Saturday's game...
1) Wheeler was nearly perfect in his start. He allowed just one hit over four innings, while striking out three Red Sox along the way.
2) Pete Alonso continues to stay hot at the dish, as he smashed his third homer of the spring -- a solo blast to left in the top of the sixth. He finished his day 2-for-4, which brings his average to .423 thus far.
3) Brandon Nimmo had a couple RBI in the leadoff spot, going 2-for-4 with an RBI triple and single. But, in typical Nimmo fashion, he still said after the game that there is still work to be done to get ready for the season.
4) J.D. Davis also saw a solid day at the plate. He went 3-for-4 with a run scored, as his average moves to .324 this spring.
5) More Mets that prospered today were Luis Guillorme, Rymer Liriano, and Rajai Davis -- the last three hitters in the order. Guillorme went 2-for-2 with two runs scored and one RBI, as he continues to have success at the plate. Liriano went 2-for-3 with a team-high three runs scored, and Davis went 1-for-3 with two RBI including an RBI double.
Pete Alonso, casually hitting one WAY out of the stadium. No big deal.pic.twitter.com/zQUzv6oSYY- SNY (@SNYtv) March 9, 2019
What's Next: The Mets return to First Data Field to face the Cardinals at 1:10 p.m. on Sunday