Mets assistant GM John Ricco spoke with the media on Thursday morning at the Winter Meetings in Nashville. Here's what we learned...
- The Mets think they addressed lots of what they had to do at the Winter Meetings, and they made some headway on other potential moves.
- The Mets have the resources to add a center fielder, bullpen piece, and starting pitcher.
- One of the reasons they acquired IF Asdrubal Cabrera was because they're trying to build a team with flexibility and depth.
- GM Sandy Alderson closed the Neil Walker trade.
- The injuries to infielders Ruben Tejada and Wilmer Flores are expected to be non-issues once Spring Training arrives.
- RHP Matt Bowman, who the Mets lost to the Cardinals in the Rule 5 Draft, was kept off the Mets' 40-man roster due to the fact that he had a down year.
- The Mets looked into signing free-agent LHP Tony Sipp, but never engaged.