The Brooklyn Nets face the Utah Jazz on the road Saturday at 9:30 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Jazz defeated the Nets 108-86 in Brooklyn on January 22, with Utah shooting a season-high 57.3 percent from the field in that victory. It was the Jazz's third straight win in this series.
- This will be the third game of Brooklyn's season-long nine-game road trip. The Nets have split the first two, losing at Portland on Tuesday and winning at Phoenix on Thursday.
- The Jazz are 5-3 in overtime contests so far this season. Those five OT wins are tied for the franchise mark, first set in 2005-06 and equaled in 2010-11.
- Brook Lopez averaged 20.2 points per game prior to the All-Star Break. He has upped that to 24.3 (97/4) PPG since the break. However, he has averaged just 13.2 PPG in his five career road games against the Jazz.
- Entering this weekend, Gordon Hayward was just one of five players in the NBA this season leading his team in total points, assists and steals (LeBron James, Chris Paul, Kemba Walker & John Wall).
- Rodney Hood is putting up 18.3 points per game since January 1 after averaging just 12.2 PPG through games of December 31.