The Brooklyn Nets face the Utah Jazz on the road Friday at 9 p.m. Justin Hamilton (illness) is out for Brooklyn.
According to STATS:
- The Jazz defeated the Nets 101-89 at Brooklyn on January 2. They have now won four of the last five contests in this series.
- Brooklyn defeated Sacramento 109-100 on Wednesday, snapping its 16-game losing streak. The Nets will now be looking to win back-to-back contests for the first time all season; their last 2+ game win streak came when they won consecutive contests, March 24-26, 2016.
- The Jazz allowed a league-low 92.7 points per game in contests played in March last season. But they gave up 107 points to the Timberwolves on Wednesday in their first game in March this season.
- Brook Lopez's 94 three-point field goals in 2016-17 are the second most in a season by any player listed as 6'10" or taller in franchise history. Keith Van Horn (6'10") made 101 three-pointers in the 2001-02 season.
- Gordon Hayward is shooting 53.4 percent versus Eastern Conference teams this season, as opposed to just 41.6 percent against conference opponents. That 11.8 percent differential is the largest in the NBA (FG% vs non-conference teams higher) (minimum played in 75% of team G & 3.7 FGM/team G vs both conference and non-conference foes).
- Rudy Gobert has had at least one blocked shot in 30 consecutive games, which is the longest active streak in the NBA. It is also the longest single-season streak by any Utah player since Mark Eaton had 1+ block in 36 consecutive games, February 7-April 22, 1989.