The Nets face the Lakers in Los Angeles tonight at 10:30.
According to STATS...
- The Nets have won back-to-back games over the Lakers at Staples Center after losing their previous five games to them there. Brooklyn averaged 111 points in the two wins.
- The Nets play the second of a back-to-back at Staples Center. Last night, they lost 105-95 to the Clippers. This will mark the first time that the Nets have played the Clippers and Lakers on consecutive days at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- Last night's game at Staples Center marked the sixth time in Nets' history that the team played a game on Leap Day (February 29) and the first such game since 2004, when the Lakers defeated the Nets 100-83 at Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, N.J.
- Since the start of last season, the Nets are 8-2 when Bojan Bogdanovic scores 20 or more points (3-1 this season). Bogdanovic posted 19 points in the Nets' loss to the Clippers last night.
- The Lakers have lost a league-high 33 games by double digits with Philadelphia's 28 the closest in that category. They are on pace to finish the season with the fewest wins in franchise history -- a record (19) set in 1957-58 in Minneapolis.
- Since returning to the Lakers' starting lineup 18 games ago, Julius Randle is averaging 12.9 points and 11.6 rebounds per game. Randle has posted 11 double-doubles in that span.