The Nets host the Heat tonight at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS...
- Miami's five-game winning streak against the Nets was snapped on December 28 with a 111-105 defeat. The Nets had previously gone seven straight games without scoring 100-plus points against the Heat.
- The Heat and Nets have a combined 4-14 record since January 9. Miami (2-7) and Brooklyn (2-7) are tied for the second worst record in the Eastern Conference during this stretch.
- In their 116-106 home win over the Thunder on Sunday, Joe Johnson became the 31st player in NBA history to reach 40,000 minutes. Johnson has averaged 36.2 minutes in 1107 career games during his 15-year career.
- In Sunday's win over Oklahoma City, Brook Lopez recorded his seventh career game with at least 30 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks (31 pts, 10 rebs & three blks). Five of those performances by Lopez have occurred over the last calendar year.
- The Nets are seeking back-to-back wins for just the third time this season - the only other two coming from Nov. 29-Dec. 1 and Dec. 8-10. Brooklyn hasn't won three games in a row or more all season.
- Dwyane Wade has scored at least 21 points in 10 consecutive games against the Nets. He is averaging 25.3 points and the Heat have a 7-3 record in those contests.