Brassard spoke after the game and said:
- "we had a really good start, played a solid game, they were going to push back and we saw that in the second period. We can't fall asleep on #8, pretty nice goal there. He is a dynamic player and we need to play him tight every time."
- On his goal, "I was really nervous in the penalty box, the guys did a great job killing that penalty for me. I was just trying to slow Ovechkin and I got caught, when I came on the ice I had some energy. It was big for our line and it will bring us some confidence hopefully and it was a big goal."
- "The last two games I had chances in tight, I tried to surprise him five hole and got pretty lucky."
- Was it a must win, "yea, it's always in the back of our mind and we didn't want to go back to Wash 0-2. This team always answers when we lose a big game or our backs are against the wall and that is what we did tonight."
- On Henrik, "Best player on the ice. Just the same guy we see every game. He was pretty pissed off after game one, he came back tonight and played like he was pissed off."
- Better chances, "we want to improve but the four lines had some good looks and chemistry and the first goal of the game gave us some confidence and a big boost for the game."