Lundqvist made 26 saves.
On MSG, Lundqvist said:
- Was it a challenging night, "it was a good hockey game. They are a good team and a great record. We knew this would be a great test for us and we battled hard, especially in the third we responded right away and after that it was about how hard we wanted to work and we blocked shots and paid the price to get the win."
- On team character, "for me, watching this team play for two months, we were finding ways to win and it's not always perfect and there are always things that we can improve. It's about winning games and this is a great test and coming up with the big plays when it really mattered. We had a good start, it came down to battle level and I feel like it helped us get the win."
- On his game, "I feel better and better, making better reads, more comfortable, it's fun to be out there and play and I really enjoy it and it's even more fun when you win and help the team get points, I take it day by day but the last two games I feel like I am getting closer and closer."
- On the second goal, "just a big scramble and I dropped the stick and tried to find the puck and as he shot I stepped on the stick and it's an open net. Was a big scramble and what can I say, just a bad bounce and bad luck but we responded well and it was great to see."
- On how Cam played, "what is impressive is how after a few games he settled in and went to another level, that is hard and it's a lot of pressure to play as a number one guy and he handled it really well. I know he is a great goalie but in that position it's what you think and how you see and approach things and he did it the right way and it really helped this team to get to this point."