Hayes said after the game on MSG:
- Is there extra motivation with your dad here, "it's nice to have all the dads here but I am just trying to play my game. I am starting to find my stride the last couple of games here and since my dad was here it was nice."
- On the goal he scored, "it was nice, they gave me a lot of time and I was shocked and I used Hags as a decoy and they let me go and I cut to the net."
- Were you thinking of that play, "I am trying to work on getting the puck deep but there was no one in front of me so I held onto it as long as I could and it was a a pretty lucky goal."
- On his dads influence, "he was huge and the dedication and hard work that he had and the hours he put in to drive me and my brother to rinks and to Canada every weekend in the summer. I owe a lot of it to him and my sisters and my mom."
- On the win, "we gotta work on the third period, we are usually good with the lead. We had a couple of mental lapses and we capitalized after but the team worked hard and it was a good 60 minute effort."