On MSG, Skapski said:
- On his emotions, "I would say that two days ago I was more nervous than I was before the game today. I was still a bit nervous in the first, when they got the first goal on the first shot, that wasn't the start I wanted. I started fighting the puck in the first and in the second and third I was calm, cool and collected."
- Did something click to make you comfortable, "not really, I had fun. Win or lose it was my first NHL game, it just clicked in then and then I was calm, cool and collected like I said."
- On giving up the goal 14 seconds in, "yea, it was tough, being in the road and scoring 14 seconds in it wasn't the start you wanted. I seemed to rebound and was golden the rest of the way."
- On the NHL experience, "it's tough to soak in right now, I have grown up and watched Hockey Night in Canada, I can't believe that I am here as a 20 year old goalie and got my first NHL win today."
- On his routine at the bench, "I always do that, it loosens up everybody and I play the best when I am loose and I think everybody else does a well and it's just something that I do, give them a pat on the back and tell them that I am doing well and that is what I like in return. What goes around comes around."
- What will you take with you, "I just want to keep winning. I am 1-0 and undefeated and hopefully I can keep it rolling as long as I can."