Nash says (Newsday)
- that he slept easy last night and would have moved on if he wasn't named.
- Nothing was bigger or pressure packed than Vancouver, being on home ice and after a bad finish in Turin in 2006.
- The expectation is "gold or nothing" and that the only thing that is acceptable in Canada is gold.
- On going to the Olympics, "it's a feeling that is tough to put into words. I have been lucky enough to play at the international level a few times and there is nothing like putting on your Canadian jersey. It is pretty special so it should be fun."
- On his teammates going to the Olympics, "It's impressive, but we still have a job to do here. We are a team here now and it's just two weeks in February where we go play for another team. The more important thing is in here."
- On playing with Sidney Crosby, "We played one or two games. I think he is a guy that you need to get him the puck. He will find you for sure. All of us when we play on our team team, we want the puck but when you are with a guy of his caliber you want to make sure he has the puck and is making plays."
- On going to Russia, "all the history of Canada-Russia will be special. Not just playing hockey int he Olympics but being involved with the Olympics at any level is pretty special. It's a cool accomplishment and a pretty special thing to do for your team."
- Is it something that you dreamt about, "yea. It's always fun. I have been lucky to play in two of them already. This should be fun. Russia will be fun and add a little different aspect."
- On last night, "we need better starts. The frustrating thing is that our own mistakes are causing the other teams to score goals. We gotta clean it up, we had a good practice today. Tomorrow we play against the defending champs so it should be a good measuring stick.
- "we keep making mistakes that end up in our own net and I think we need to clean it up defensively and offensively."
- On his game, "the chances are there but they just haven't been going in. Last night they went in a bit and hopefully I can get streaky. The important thing is helping this team win and if I can help offensively it will be huge.
Nash played for Canada in 2006 in Turin and 2010 in Vancouver. He has two goals and four assists in 13 games for Canada.
Marc Staal did not make Team Canada.