Stepan spoke after the game and said (NYR):
- "I think we played really good hockey."
- "tough to say, I would say that the hardest part was consistency night in and night out during the first ten games. I felt good at times and then others didn't feel as good. Probably 10 games."
- Are you playing the way you want to, "absolutely."
- "I think that is a big part of it, I played a lot better but the team is playing better so it makes it easier to play well."
- On the PK and his defense, "I am not sure what clicked in, maybe just getting my feet underneath or getting in shape, game shape or maybe a defensive start, it was hard to get that consistency."
- "maybe early on it was sloppy but it felt like we got it back together pretty quickly. There are some things that we want to sharpen but Hank made some big saves for us."