Vigneault joked that he is taking a lot of "heat" inside the Rangers locker room for not putting Klein on the PP.
On MSG, Klein said:
- How important was the win, "after we got the third goal, we let up a bit. A couple of bounces but I loved how our team stuck with it and kept battling and that last one for me was just awesome."
- On the game winner, "it's one of those things where I saw Mac get it and my guy was pretty low and I was calling for it and he did a great job of getting it over. I tried to bypass and saw a little opening on my left side. I tried to bypass Sid out there and it managed to go through. It might have hit Erhoff but I love it."
- Are you surprised with your scoring, "I am surprised. I like to take care of the d-zone first, that is something I pride myself on. It's one of those things where you can chip in offensively and the forwards are doing a great job getting it to us at the point, just trying to get it through. Got a few opportunities when I can. When it goes in it is special and I just want to keep it going."
- On the cut to the ear, "just one of those things. You are battling in front and he cut me in the ear in a couple of spots. 13-14 stitches in my ear. Nice to come back and pop that last one."
- On the mood heading into this week, "we just have to keep our intensity up in practice, we had a four-day break this past week and if we can do the same things and be ready to go. We will still work on buckling down when we have a lead and not taking it to OT where things can happen, I think the guys did a great job battling. It was a fun one."