The New York Rangers face the San Jose Sharks on the road Saturday at 4 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- The Rangers have won each of their three games played versus the Sharks since the start of the 2014-15 season, shutting out San Jose in two of the three wins. New York has outscored San Jose, 11-1, over the course of its active three-game win streak versus the Sharks, never trailing in any of the three games.
- The Rangers blew a 3-1 third-period lead at Los Angeles on Thursday en route to a 4-3 overtime loss. The loss was New York's first when blowing a two-goal third-period lead since losing, 5-4, in a shootout versus Ottawa on October 29, 2011 despite blowing a three-goal third-period lead.
- The Sharks snapped their four-game road win streak with a 3-1 loss at Arizona on Thursday. San Jose is now 9-20-6 when allowing at least three goals and 30-5-0 when limiting its opponent to two or fewer goals.
- J.T. Miller had one goal and one assist on Thursday, his third straight game with a point (totaling one goal and three assists over the three games). Miller has never recorded a point in four straight games played.
- Dan Boyle recorded his 20th point of the season with a goal on Thursday. Boyle has totaled at least 20 points in each season since 2000-01, the only defenseman to do so.
- Tomas Hertl scored a goal on Thursday, giving him three straight games with a point. Hertl has never recorded a point in four consecutive games played.