The New York Rangers host the New Jersey Devils at Madison Square Garden on Monday at 7 p.m.
According to STATS:
- The Devils dropped a 3-2 shootout decision to the Capitals at Prudential Center on Saturday, losing for the third time in their last four games. New Jersey has lost five straight shootouts since Thanksgiving (won two of first three shootouts this year).
- New York defeated Philadelphia, 3-2, in a shootout at Wells Fargo Center on Saturday, winning its second straight tilt, and for the third time in the last four games overall. The Blueshirts are 3-2 in five shootouts this season.
- The Devils have won both meetings with the Rangers in 2015-16 -- 2-1 in overtime at Madison Square Garden on October 18, and 3-2 at home six days ago. Dating to the beginning of 2013-14, the Devils are 3-2-0 in their last five games vs. the Blueshirts at MSG.
- Adam Henrique lit the lamp Saturday, and now has 17 goals in 2015-16 -- one more than he tallied in 75 games last season. Henrique has three points (1g, 2a) in his first two skates against the Blueshirts this year (had three goals and one helper in his first 18 career games vs. New York).
- Chris Kreider had a goal in Saturday's triumph, giving him a marker in back-to-back games for the second time of the 2015-16 campaign (also January 16-17). Kreider (3g, 5a in 13 career skates vs. the Devils) is looking for the first three-game goal-scoring streak of his NHL career tonight.
- The Devils are 17-0-4 (.905) when scoring first this season -- second best in the NHL. New York has won 10 games when its opponent lights the lamp first in 2015-16 (tied for fifth most in the league).