Lundqvist played all 60 minutes and stopped 15 of 17 at even strength and 8 of 9 on the PK.
Lundqvist said after the game, (Rangers Report):
- "I felt pretty good. Saw a few things I wanted to work on. You get more comfortable each period and this game was different than the Boston game and that is good as well. You see different looks and this game was a little quiet at 5 on 5, a couple of chances here and there but an opportunity for me to work on my focus. I take every opportunity...."
- A lot of penalties, "it was a weird game, not a lot of flow. We got to work on our PP and PK and both looked really good."
- On the winning team losing in OT, "it was a first. It was kind of weird actually but good to get an opportunity to work on it. You win and then you kind of start over but it's good to work on it. Again, it's so different to play 3 on 3, it's good for us to get an opportunity to practice it."
- What do you think of 3 on 3, "I don't know yet. I need to experience it a little more. I kind of liked 4 on 4 and with 3 on 3 I think you are going to see a lot of penalties, a lot of 4 on 3 because it's man on man and as soon as you get a step on a guy it might be a trip, it's that important to be in charge of the play and we probably have to work on 4 on 3 or 3 on 4 a lot."
- On his schedule the rest of the preseason, "I am going to play at least one more...we will see and have a discussion."
- Is the preseason hard, "you try to tell yourself that it matters so that you get into the mode you will have in a couple of weeks. You need to be there now and have that feeling that every goal means a lot. The most important thing is to work on your game and get comfortable. Every save matters and you want to improve your game."
- Is it a gradual comfort, "I felt the same way as I did last game. I had more fun playing the last game, it was more back and forth, today was a lot of penalties and a weird flow. At the same time it's good to get different games."
He continued, (NYR):
- "The blade came off the skate...it was like skating without a blade which is kind of impossible. I have a new skate this year so it's easy to remove the blade but I guess it comes off a little easier and that is what happened."
- Did it hurt, "no, I was trying to push from the post and I had no grip at all and it felt like I was standing on plastic and so I looked down the blade was hanging to the side and I had to go to the bench."
- On the lineup looking better than last year, "I like what we have, absolutely. A lot of guys are competing for a few spots. Competition is good. It has been a great camp but it's too early to tell if we are better than last year."
- How many games will you play, "I think that has been the number the past few years and it's been pretty good. Early on you want to get going and find a rhythm but it all depends on the schedule. It's been working really well with Benny and the staff. We will find the right number. The most important thing is to get in and then when you do is that you are ready for the playoffs."
- On wanting a better start, "I think personally we changed things a little bit and work with details in my game a little bit instead of playing games. Now I have two games in and I feel pretty good, I also spent more time this year to work mentally to get better, it's a big aspect of the game and you sometime forget to work on. Physically I have been working for a month and a half but mentally you need to spend the time there to get into the right place."
- On 3 on 3, "I need to see more. I thought 4 on 4 was good hockey. 3 on 3 isn't really hockey, it's more of a a way to see and it's a lot of thinking now. We have to get more time before we get a good answer here."