Here's what New York Red Bulls head coach Jesse Marsch said on Wednesday...
- Gonzalo Veron, Gideon Baah and Ronald Zubar all have "significant" injuries, but the team doesn't expect them to be out for a long stretch of time. >> Read more…
- Marsch feels worst for Veron, who was working back from an injury before playing against Houston and reinjuring himself.
- It will be a "challenge" to work through injuries and roster crunch due to national team callups.
- Marsch thought the team played "tentative" during the first half against Houston.
- The team will use the bye week to rest players and rehab from injuries.
- The Red Bulls have "room to improve" on the roster, but the team will be cautious on what the team needs because "it's still so early in the season." He identified center back as a need.