Luis Cessa was stellar once again while Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton, and Gary Sanchez lead the Yankees to another Spring Training win in a 6-2 victory over the Rays. >> Box Score
Things to know about Tuesday's game...
1) The Yankees decided to experiment with an opener against the team that lived by them all last season. Chad Green did allow one run on two hits while striking out one before handing the ball over.
2) Cessa, then, took over for Green and continued his Spring Training dominance. Cessa pitched four innings of scoreless baseball, allowing two hits while striking out five to move his ERA to 0.53.
3) Very promising performance from Sanchez, who had two RBI doubles in a 2-for-3 performance. The best part about Sanchez' hits, though, was the fact that it went to center and right-center which the Yankees love to see. Sanchez has power to all fields, and when his swing is hot, those right-center gappers come through.
4) Bird may have struck out twice in his first two at-bats, but he certainly didn't miss in his third. Bird launched a moonshot homer to right field in the bottom of the fifth for a solo shot. As the first base battle continues, he now has a .342 average with Luke Voit sitting in this one.
5) Judge and Stanton stayed hot with both players collecting an RBI. Judge finished the day 1-for-1 with a walk while Stanton went 1-for-2 with his RBI double to score Judge and a walk.
The Yankees hit the road to face the Astros on Wednesday at 1:05 p.m.