The Yankees defeated the Orioles 8-3 on Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium. >> Box Score
Five takeaways from Tuesday's game...
1) Domingo German was tremendous for the Yankees, cruising to his 16th win of the season. The right-hander went 7.0 innings for the Yanks, allowing just two earned runs on five hits. Both of German's earned runs came on solo home runs, but he did a good job of keeping runners off base.
2) DJ LeMahieu got the Yankees' night started with a bang. On John Means' first pitch of the game, LeMahieu pulled a solo home run into the bleachers in left field. LeMahieu's 19th home run of the season drove in his team-leading 81st RBI.
3) Gio Urshela continues to be on a another planet. Batting out of the three-hole, Urshela went 3-5 with an RBI and a run scored.
4) The Yankees had both of their catchers in the lineup, with Gary Sanchez serve as the DH with Austin Romine behind the plate. Both players contributed on Tuesday, with Sanchez going 2-4 with an RBI and Romine adding two hits as well.
5) Adonis Rosa made his Major League debut for the Yankees in the eighth inning. Rose struck out the first batter he faced, Rio Ruiz on four pitches. Rosa pitched a one-two-three eighth inning. He did allow a home run to Renato Nunez in the ninth.
After two games on Monday, the Yankees and Orioles will wrap up their four-game series on Wednesday afternoon at Yankee Stadium. J.A. Happ (9-7, 5.48 ERA) is set to face off against righty Dylan Bundy (5-12, 5.04 ERA), with first pitch set for 1:05 p.m.